Best things about the summer: the sunshine which means lighter hair and darker skin, teeny bikinis, bold colors, and those beachy sea salt infused waves. The worst things: sunburns, pre-bikini preparation (ie: deranged obsession with hair removal, going to the gym excessively a week before bikini day, lots and lots of whimpering by a full sized mirror).
Whether you are able to get out of the city for a weekend getaway or head down to a Saturday afternoon pool party, there are several ways to feel chic in that bikini (queue flamboyant headwear, sheer kaftans and fruity beach bags).
- Swimsuit (simlar: nike, asos, boohoo, revolve)
- Cheeky shorts
- Headscarf (converted from a neck shawl)
- The "I'm a little chilly but I worked hard for this body" cropped sweatshirt
- A good book: because reading is always in style
- Sun hat: floppy is fab.
- Flip flops
- Surf spray: If you want that messy, I'm-too-cool-for-you French girl hair, this is your dream in a spray bottle.
- A reliable sunscreen
- Lip balm (I have a lip balm obsession, and this is one of my favorites)
- Face mist: aka the summer glow without the glow
- Bottle of water, don't judge us- the Evian really tastes different!
- Cool sunglasses, mirrored, colored and distinctive are in style this season
- ...And a beach bag to hold it all
Find more cool bags