Healthy, delicious lunch option. (eggplant and eggs).
Most people do eggs for breakfast, but since I prefer to have a sweet breakfast, I tend to only eat eggs after 12pm. This recipe is super easy and healthy. It is packed with protein, fiber, and is gluten free. You can prepare this the night before so you can pack a healthy meal for your workday. You can also substitute the eggplant for avocado if you are not a fan of eggplant. Hope you enjoy this recipe!
Recipe: Please use Organic.
1/2 cup white onion, thinly chopped
3 tablespoon olive oil (if needed add more)
1 medium Eggplant (round slices)
Salt to taste
Chili flakes or red chili pepper
Boiled eggs (boil for 15 minutes)
Rice thin cakes (Gluten free)
1. Make sure to boil eggs while prepping the eggplant (about 15 minutes).
2. In a Saute pan add 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil for about 2 minutes.
3. Add round sliced eggplant, onions, chili flakes, a good pinch of salt. Turn the heat up to medium high, and cook until eggplant is just beginning to brown.
4. Add Cilantro to garnish.
5. Peel boiled eggs and slice them round in 3 pieces.
6. Spread the eggplant spread on the rice crackers and top it with eggs.
Ready to eat! xo